Join a dynamic work environment where your skills will be challenged, and you will have opportunities to grow in cloud computing. We are looking for an individual with a passion for technology and knowledge in cloud computing environments and/or concepts. Work with the latest technology as we continually modernize our infrastructure and processes.
Works in a team of Technology Specialists to ensure resolutions for issues involving but not limited to desktop, mobile computing, software as a service (SAAS) and client/server technology. Provides software license management; personal computer software and hardware assistance; problem resolution, and information technology assistance and support for end users. Ensuring equipment return and inventory processes are followed and maintained.
- Provides customer support in supporting software, configurations, and business submission processes.
- Helps in the installation and maintenance of all personal computer equipment and printers.
- Assists end users with software and personal computer hardware problems.
- coordinates distribution of new and upgraded software.
- Stays current on technology, issues, and solutions and incorporates into ongoing responsibilities.
- Assists other Information Technology Specialists.
- Monitors ticket activities and provides escalation when needed.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate inventory of desktop hardware and devices.
- Provides high-quality customer service through courteous and professional communication.
- Experience in using an IT Help Desk ticket system.
- Experience with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of desktop computer hardware, operating systems, and application software in a multi computer environment.
- Software experience: Microsoft Windows 10, Office O365
- Display current knowledge of technologies (computer systems, mobile devices, and technology products)
- Experience with resolving TCP/IP network issues.
- Experience in Video Conferencing and A/V equipment.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a customer support role.
- Professional certification (e.g. A+, Network+, Microsoft 365 Fundamentals or equivalent)
- Working in a College Computer Lab supporting students and or staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology or related field or 2 to 4 years of relevant experience
Hiring range: $46,000 – $57,000
Full-time State of Georgia employees have access to a robust benefits package beginning the first day of the month after employment has begun.
- Annual Leave – 5 hours per pay period with possible increases based on years of continuous service.
- Sick Leave – 5 hours per pay period
- Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year
- Insurance – A variety of insurance options. Some of the available options are health, dental, vision, legal, disability, and healthcare and childcare spending accounts, etc.
- Retirement Plan – Participation in the Employees’ Retirement System. Contributions are based on a percentage of the employee’s salary. Group Term Life insurance is provided to all members of the Employees’ Retirement System.
- Deferred Compensation – Tax sheltered plans that offer the opportunity to save for retirement. Fund programs include both 457, 401(k) and Roth plans.
- Credit Union – Eligibility for Georgia United Credit Union membership
- Work Hours – Option of flexible work hours
For additional benefits, visit the Team Georgia website.
**We are a federal public service loan and a Student Access Loan (SAL) forgiveness qualified employer.
Please fill out the fields below and attach your resume.
Do you have questions about this listing, or are you looking for a position that isn’t listed here?
We accept resumes year-round for all professional positions.