Social Media Policy
DOAA’s use of social media creates a forum for public discourse, which means that other users may comment on or respond to DOAA’s official posts in some manner. Any comments or posts made by other users that mention DOAA or that respond to an official post by DOAA do not reflect the official views or positions of DOAA. Additionally, following, sharing, or liking content from other organizations does not constitute DOAA’s endorsement of that organization, individual, or its related content.
Comments on or responses to DOAA’s posts by other users are publicly accessible and will not be moderated by DOAA, regardless of whether the content is favorable or unfavorable to DOAA or the State of Georgia. DOAA will not edit comments posted to social media sites by members of the public. However, DOAA reserves the right to remove comments that contain:
- Abusive or vulgar language, sexually explicit subject matter, hate speech, derogatory terms, or offensive content;
- Personal or defamatory remarks about a person’s age, education, ethnicity, race, family status, gender, national origin, class, physical ability or qualities, religion, thought processes, or personality;
- Impermissible personally identifiable information including, but not limited to, full legal names, Social Security numbers, addresses, and phone numbers;
- Spam, advertising, solicitations or links to other sites, and comments that are clearly “off topic.”
- Gratuitous links to websites that are not relevant to discussion topics are viewed as spam and will result in the comment being removed.
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users or spam;
- Offensive terms targeting individuals or groups;
- Threats or defamatory statements;
- Suggestions or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Unsolicited proposals or other business ideas or inquiries;
- Promotion or endorsement of commercial services, products, or entities; or
- Content that you do not have the right to post. We are committed to protecting intellectual property and will follow a notice and takedown procedure for complaints of copyright violation under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).