Successful candidates will be responsible for performing mid-level procedures for financial and compliance audits and reviews.
- Conduct audits of documents related to all or some of the following: financial operations controls, data, procedures, compliance with laws and regulations, conformance to accounting standards, and similar audit criteria.
- Interview client personnel, perform walk-throughs of transactions and processes, review client prepared documentation, perform analytics, and other tests to assist in gaining an understanding of the entity and its environment and assessing the risk of material misstatement or compliance with policies, laws and regulations.
- Assist with establishing and documenting an understanding with the client regarding the services to be performed for each engagement.
- Assist with the development of the audit plan, which includes the nature, timing and extent of audit procedures to be performed by the audit team in order to obtain sufficient appropriate audit evidence.
- Assist with supervising and evaluation of the efforts of assistants
- Assemble and assess deficiencies, draw conclusions and write report narratives
- Oversee the preparation and organization of working papers to be used in the final report.
- When employee functions as a team leader, he/she serves as the primary audit interface with the client before and during the audit; communicates deficiencies to client and provides guidance on how to prevent errors and deficiencies in the future.
- Completion of bachelor’s (four year) college degree with emphasis/major in accounting.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in auditing or related field.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Knowledge of Oracle and Peoplesoft preferred.
Full-time State of Georgia employees have access to a robust benefits package beginning the first day of the month after employment has begun.
- Annual Leave – 5 hours per pay period with possible increases based on years of continuous service
- Sick Leave – 5 hours per pay period
- Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year
- Insurance – A variety of insurance options. Some of the available options are health, dental, vision, legal, disability, and healthcare and childcare spending accounts, etc.
- Retirement Plan – Participation in the Employees’ Retirement System. Contributions are based on a percentage of the employee’s salary. Group Term Life insurance is provided to all members of the Employees’ Retirement System.
- Deferred Compensation – Tax sheltered plans that offer the opportunity to save for retirement. Fund programs include both 457, 401(k) and Roth plans.
- Credit Union – Eligibility for Georgia United Credit Union membership
- Work Hours – Option of flexible work hours
For additional benefits, visit the Team Georgia website.
**We are a federal public service loan and a Student Access Loan (SAL) forgiveness qualified employer.
Please fill out the fields below and attach your resume.
Do you have questions about this listing, or are you looking for a position that isn’t listed here?
We accept resumes year-round for all professional positions.